Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:32PM
A lot has changed (but some things haven’t)
John and Damon chat with Barbara Bouldin about her first-hand view of the good — and the ugly — through the past few decades of the technology industry. From Bell Labs to the breakup of AT&T (“Ma Bell”) to enterprise software to transforming government agencies today, Barbara’s journey has been an interesting ride.
- Barbara Bouldin works for SJ Technologies
- Barbara mentioned being at Bell Labs with Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie
- For those who want to read more about the breakup of Ma Bell
- Barbara wrote a book in 1988 (and the subject sounds like it could be from 2017!): Agents of Change: Managing the Introduction of Automated Tools
- John and Barbara are both part of the excellent speaker lineup at DevOps Days Detroit 2017
- If you want to share experiences with Barbara her email is her firstname.lastname at sj tech corp dot com
- Damon works for Rundeck
- John works for SJ Technologies
Please tweet or leave comments or questions below and we’ll read them on the show!